Thursday, March 07, 2013

 A need that can not be held back much longer. I must dive in and without too much rhyme or reason, I will sort through recipes I have held onto. I need to get them in a place where I can sort through them--no longer in the jumble of my notebooks and boxes. Like so many of my child's art projects, I am sorting through the torn pages, editing and pasting--savoring in my mind and on the liminal page.

Giddy.


Seared Asian Steak and Mushrooms on Mixed Green with Ginger Dressing

2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
4 1/2  tsp vegetable oil, divided
1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 tsp Asian Chili-garlic sauce
1/8 tsp plus 2 tsp Asian sesame oil, divided
1/4  C chopped fresh cilantro
2 12-0z ribeye steaks
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
8 oz crimini, quartered
8 C mixed greens

Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp veg oil, minced ginger, chili-garlic sauce and 1/8 tsp sesame oil in small bowl. Add cilantro and stir to blend. Set dressing aside.

Rub 1/4 tsp sesame oil over each side of each rib-eye steak. Sprinkle steaks with salt, pepper and toasted sesame seeds; press firmly to adhere. Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute until browned, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer sauteed mushrooms to plate. Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp sesame oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steak to cutting board. Slice steaks. Toss mixed greens with dressings in large bowl; divide greens among plates. Top with steak slices and mushrooms and serve.

Prep: 30 mins  Serves: 4

No comments: